Monday, December 9, 2013

Sweden, Day 2

Today I was able to spend the day discovering the birds of Stockholm.  (I am a big nerd, and I love to be out in nature, observing it's beauty, especially birds.)  A friend of many of my birding friends picked me up at the hotel and took me to some great birding spots. I saw some great areas of Stockholm and added thirteen birds to my life list.

Some highlights were:
Beautiful Winter Scenery 
An "elusive" Water Rail
A Great Spotted Woodpecker
We then stopped for lunch and had a traditional Swedish Christmas Buffet.  It was a lot of food, but people normally spend about 3-4 hours eating.  I had some traditional Swedish foods and desserts.  Santa even served us some Glogg.

The Christmas buffet (only about half of the tables)
First Course
The "hot foods"
Dessert
Santa serving Glogg
After a late lunch, I went back to the hotel to get ready to meet the other GCTs at the Berns Asiatiska restaurant/hotel/bar.  The dining room was amazing.  They were serving a Christmas buffet.  Instead, we just all met on the (indoor) veranda for drinks.  It was great meeting about 12 or so of the other educators and talking about what we do, where we live, and how we got here to Stockholm.  I am extremely excited about the next two days at the Google Teacher Academy and being able to work with, collaborate, and share with all of these talented educators.
The Berns Restaurant
Now, it's off to bed.  I have to get up early for a full day of learning tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment